Motor Vehicle Technician
Motor Vehicle Technician
Intack Self Drive are a family owned vehicle hire company celebrating our 50thyear of trading and are part of the wider Kay Group of companies with a combined annual turnover of over £200M
Intack Self Drive are looking for a Motor Vehicle Technician to join our small closely knit team based in Blackburn.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £37,000 per annum including OTE Bonus with uncapped bonus potential, year 1 guaranteed earnings of £35,000 inc Basic/OT/signing on bonus.
Hours: 40 hours Mon – Fri, alternating Saturday morning paid at overtime rate which is time and a half and optional overtime available.
As a Motor Vehicle Technician you’ll be responsible for servicing and maintaining our modern hire fleet which comprises of most mainstream motor manufacturers and range in size from small cars, vans, minibuses and specialist vehicles including Ambulances.
- Level 3 or higher certificate in Vehicle Maintenance and ideally more than 5 years experience in a workshop/motor trade.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work to high standards and deadlines when required.
- The ability to work in a methodical and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Mentor & Coach apprentices.
- High standard of house keeping.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative.
- Full driving licence.
- Own tools.
- Servicing to manufacturers specification.
- Routine repairs and maintenance.
- Computer based diagnostics.
- Road testing to identify and repair issues.
- Tyre fitting / balancing.
- Completing documentation (service/time sheets)
- Liaising with customers where necessary.
- Help with Vehicle delivery / Collection when required.
- Contributory workplace Pension scheme.
- Latest industry training.
- Uniform provided and contribution to boots.
- Discounts for Friends & Family.
- Onsite parking.
- Overtime options.
- Discounts on leasing deals.
- Enhanced holidays that increase with service or taken monetary value.
- Tool insurance.
- Yearly pay review.
- Career progression.
Intack Self Drive are a family owned vehicle hire company celebrating our 50th year of trading and are part of the wider Kay Group of companies with a combined annual turnover of over £200M
We own and operate a vehicle hire fleet of over 450 vehicles including cars, vans including some Ambulances and minibuses.
Working as a tech for Intack Self Drive combines the benefits of working at a main dealer (modern vehicles) without many of the headaches caused by manufacturers (book times/warranty paperwork etc) and the benefits of working for an independent (relaxed atmosphere/small team/variety of work) without the drawback of working on old vehicles. We only work on our own vehicles so if we need to replace a part we just do it without the need for endless calls for authorisation to customers or manufacturers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£37,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Loyalty bonus
- Quarterly bonus
- Signing bonus
- Driving Licence (required)